Make Every Day Count!
If you want to make and keep a New Year Resolution it is vitally important to pursue just one major life-changing resolution about which you have great desire, interest, and passion. It is equally important to know the 'who, what, when, where, why, and how' of your New Year Resolution. And it is important to consistently do the on-going homework and research that will answer those questions and enable you to build and update a long and short-range action plan.
With a heartfelt, realistic resolution, a plan, a system (that works for you), willingness to work hard, patience, passion, and persistence, you can achieve anything. No more impossible dreams, failed resolutions and empty promises. You can 'do it' if you set your mind to it and work hard day after day with dogged discipline and determination.
Start Your Journey - I Resolve To . . . Formula For Success:
Dream + One-Sentence Resolution + Daily Resolves (Small Goals) = Success, Achievement & Reward!
How To To Make And Keep Your Resolution:
- Dare To Dream about all the wonderful possibilities.
- Decide To 'Go For It' in the New Year.
- Define your dream in one positive, specific sentence that answers 'who, what when, where, why, how'.
- Develop A Plan that includes short and long range Daily Resolves (goals), timelines, milestones, and answers, in depth, the 'who, what when, where, why, how' of your resolution and Daily Resolves.
- Do It Daily, one Daily Resolve (goal), one day at a time for one year.
- Create a Lifetime Resolutions List, the things you would love to do, learn, achieve, create, experience, see, be, feel, have while you are here on this Earth.
- Make just one large, life-altering resolution, not 10 major resolutions.
- Make just one large, life-altering resolution about which you have great desire, passion and interest.
- Focus like a laser on that one resolution.
- Make a few mini-resolutions to keep things interesting, learn new things, and keep the momentum going.
- Keep a Daily Resolution Diary that measures progress, charts next steps and rewards (I use spiral notebooks, journals, wall calendars, a day book calendar, and this Blog).
- Maintain a 12-month calendar to schedule daily goals, track milestones, and map your plan.
- Set deadlines for goals, but don't beat yourself up if you fall behind - revise plans instead.
- Be realistic about what you can achieve each day, week and month - set realistic goals.
- Visualize the desired outcome, make it a priority, keep it front and center.
- Wear your resolution, tape it to your mirror, carry it in your wallet, put it on your screen saver.
- Enlist the support of friends and family members.
- Tell the world!
- Do your homework - knowledge is power and continual learning will promote progress.
- As plans change, review and revise the 'who, what, why, when, where, and how'.
- Be accountable, flexible and willing to make course corrections.
- Think ahead and plan for obstacles - brainstorm a way around and be willing to start over.
- Life is full of 'Overtaken By Events' - OBE - be flexible, prepared, and willing to compromise.
- Believe in yourself, your talents, abilities, and your dream, resolution and Daily Resolves.
- Stay focused - keep your eye on the prize - what you plan to achieve - at all times.
- Find a mentor who can lend support, advice, and leadership through good and bad times.
- Join a club - surround yourself with folks who share your passion and can lend support.
- Take a class - increase your knowledge and have fun.
- Start a Blog - write daily; join an social networking community filled with like-minded folks.
- Be a mentor - learn by doing, teaching and leading by example.
- Just show up - some days just showing up is all it takes to make progress and build momentum.
- Get organized and stay organized.
- Be patient, passionate and persistent.
- Remind yourself about your accomplishments and reward yourself often.
- Remember some daily progress is better than 'no progress', or not pursuing your dream at all.
- Know your strengths and use them to your advantage.
- Know your weaknesses and learn how to overcome and eliminate them.
- Be willing to work hard and stay committed through good times and bad times.
- Have fun, enjoy the journey by 'doing what you love and loving what you are doing.
- Be grateful for all you have and all you are - give back and be generous = Good Karma!
- Be determined and diligent - stay positive and maintain your optimism.
- Be a Resolutionista: Make resolutions. Keep resolutions. Enjoy the journey!
- Above all: Do What You Love. Love What You Do! Daily . . .
Recipe For Broken Promises And Failed Resolutions:
- Give in to fear of success or fear of failure.
- Get overwhelmed or discouraged.
- Grow weary, bored, or burned out.
- Give Up!
- Make a long laundry list of negative things that you feel you should change - the Sins - but lack desire to actually make change a reality (you're setting yourself up for disappointment).
- Make a resolution for someone else instead of yourself.
- Make the same resolutions year after year with zero progress.
- Make hasty alcohol-induced resolutions on the back of a cocktail napkin at the stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve.
- Make last minute New Year resolutions without careful thought and planning.
- Set the bar too high by having unrealistic expectations.
- Beat yourself up for mistakes, unrealistic expectations and unrealistic goals.
- View failure as a negative experience - instead grow and learn from it, then move forward.
- Expect something for nothing - gain with no pain. Hard work pays off.
- Go it alone.
- Let bad attitude stand in your way - think about your moods and actions - live mindfully.
- Sleepwalk passively through your days - make conscious, active decisions and choices.
- Check-In infrequently, thus failing to track progress, milestones, and timeline deadlines.
- Set unrealistic daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
- Lose motivation and momentum - plan ahead and know your next 10, 20, 100 Daily Resolves.
- Lose focus, flexibility, or faith in yourself and your dream, resolution and Daily Resolves (goals).
- Lose patience, passion, persistence, or your positive attitude.
- Forget your primary objective: 'why' you are pursuing your dream, resolution, and Daily Resolves (goals).
- Expect overnight results.
- View your dream, resolution and Daily Resolves as a chore. Have fun during the journey!
- Let negative friends, family members, colleagues stand in your way - find a way around, protect your dream, resolution and Daily Resolves.
- Let obstacles stand in your way - know when you are creating obstacles.
- Let the 'Someday, Someday, Someday Syndrome rule your life. Take action today!
- Live a life of regret for what you could have done, achieved, created, been, experienced.
- Let people tell you, you can't achieve your dream - believe in yourself and your abilities.
- Lose your 'fire in the belly'.
- Give in and 'give up'. Never give up!
This is just a snapshot of the many ingredients that are necessary to make and keep a New Year Resolution. Bottom line: All the books, videos, systems, blogs, and advice in the world can't generate results 'for you' - they are simply tools. If you truly want to achieve a dream, change something about yourself, or create a new habit, it is entirely up to you to make it happen with ingenuity, hard work and sacrifice. It is your choice. It is up to you. Only you can make your resolution a reality . . . but the joy and reward you will find along the way will make the journey worth it!
Remember: I Resolve To . . . Achieve My New Year Resolutions, One Resolution, One Day At A Time For One Year.® It's your choice. Do it today. Turn your resolution into reality in five simple, common sense steps: Dare To Dream, Decide, Define, Develop A Plan, and Do It Daily. Make your resolution a permanent Lifetime Resolution, something that's with you for good! Above all, Be A Resolutionista, someone who makes resolutions, keeps resolutions, and enjoys the journey! Let's Go For It!
Need More Inspiration? Wear Your Resolution! Make Every Day New Year's Day. Make Every Day Count. Visit My Resolution Shop Hosted By CafePress.Com By Clicking The Link Below:
COPYRIGHT © KIM M. SIMPSON, I RESOLVE TO® . . . INC. * ALL RIGHTS RESERVED